yes是個很常見的詞,我們總覺得它使用頻率很高,但其實在老外的口中,在非正式的場合中,并沒有我們想象得那么常見。

相反,有其他表達可以讓你的英語表達聽起來更自然。

NO.1 肯定對方的話

使用yes的最簡單方式是肯定對方說的話,換句話說,你認為它是真的。

A: Is it going to be hot tomorrow?
A:明天會很熱嗎?

B: Yes.
B:是的。

A: The meeting’s at 5:30, right?
A:會議5點半開,對吧?

B: Yes.
B:是的。

但是,這要看你在和誰談話,用肯定回答yes有時聽起來太正式、太僵硬,甚至會使人生氣。下面是一些更隨意的回答:

Yeah!
是啊!

Yup!(Tends to sound more definitive than yeah)
是的!(聽起來比yeah的確定性更強)

Mhm (Can sometimes come off as dismissive)
嗯(有時會顯得輕蔑)

Uh-huh (Same connotations as mhm)
嗯哼(含義和嗯一樣)

A: Are you going to the movies with us tomorrow?
A:你明天和我們一起去看電影嗎?

B: Yes. (Too rigid of a response between friends)
B:是的。(朋友之間使用會顯得太僵化)

A: Uh, okay… Is everything alright?
A:嗯,好吧……一切都好嗎?

B: Yeah, I’m fine…
B:是的,我很好……

A: Are you going to the movies with us tomorrow?
A:你明天和我們一起去看電影嗎?

B: Yup! (Definitive answer, but still sounds friendly)
B:是的!(明確的回答,但聽起來仍然很友好)

A: Cool, see you then!
A:真棒,到時見!

In the office:
在辦公室:

A: Hey, let me know when you’re done with the editing.
A:嘿,編輯完了就告訴我。

B: Mhm. (A dismissive answer that indicates that B is busy)
B:嗯厄。(一個不屑的回答暗示B很忙)

還有一組表達可以用來表示某事是絕對正確的,這些回復比簡單地說yes強得多。

For sure.
當然。

Definitely.
一定。

Of course.(Implies that the other person should already know)
當然。(意思是別人應該已經知道了)

Absolutely.(Sounds slightly more enthusiastic)
當然可以。(聽起來更熱情一點兒)

Certainly.(More formal-sounding)
當然可以。(聽起來比較正式)

Indeed.(Probably the least commonly used one in the list. It will either sound very formal or purposefully funny.)
的確。(可能是列表中最不常用的一個。它聽起來很正式,也顯得有趣。

A: Is it going to be hot tomorrow?
A:明天會熱嗎?

B: Definitely. I checked the weather this morning.
B:肯定的。我今天早上查看了天氣。

OR
或者

B: For sure. I checked the weather this morning.
B:當然了。我今天早上查看了天氣。

A: Is it going to be hot tomorrow?
A:明天會熱嗎?

B: Of course, it’s July! (Implies that the other person should already know it’s going to be hot)
B:當然了,現在是七月!(暗示其他人應該已經知道天氣會很熱)

Visitor: Can turkeys fly?
參觀者:火雞會飛嗎?

Zookeeper: Certainly, though when it comes to escaping predators, they prefer to run. (A proper response for a more professional interaction)
動物管理員:當然可以,不過說到逃避捕食者,他們更喜歡跑。(對更專業互動的適當回復)

A: Do you like 30 Rock?
A:你喜歡搖滾30嗎?

B: Indeed! It’s one of my favorite shows. (A quirky response made on purpose)
B:確實喜歡!這是我最喜歡的節目之一。(故意做出的怪異的反應)

NO.2 同意做某事

如果有人問你是否想一起做某件事,或者向你尋求幫助,你會怎么回應?

你可以說yes,但聽起來可能太正式太僵化了。因此,下面是一些您可以使用的有用的表達方式:

Let’s say that someone asks you on the spot if you want to do something with them, or maybe they’re asking you for a favor.
比方說,有人當場問你是否想與他們做某事,或者他們可能要求你幫忙。

Do you want to grab dinner sometime this week?
這周抽個時間你想一起去吃晚飯嗎?

Let’s grab dinner sometime this week!
我們這周找個時間一起吃晚飯吧!

Could you take out the trash for me?
你能幫我倒垃圾嗎?

How can you respond? You could yes, but once again, that can sound too formal and rigid. So, here are some useful expressions you could use instead:
你怎么回答?你可以說yes, 但是再說一遍,這聽起來太正式太僵化了。因此,下面是一些您可以使用的有用的表達方式,:

Sure.
當然。

Yeah!(Better to use than yup, mhm, etc.)
好啊!(比用yup, mhm等等好得多)

Okay.(Can sound more like you’re complying than willfully agreeing, though it depends on your tone of voice)
好吧。(聽起來你更像是在服從,而不是真心同意,雖然這取決于你的語氣)

Alright.(Same connotation as okay)
好吧。(和okay的含義一樣)

A: Do you want to go to the beach?
A:你想去海灘嗎?

B: Sure!
B:當然!

OR
或者

B: Yeah!
B:好啊!

A: Let’s go to the beach!
A:我們一起去海灘吧!

B: Okay. (Unenthusiastic response)
B:好的。(并不熱情的回答)

OR
或者

B: Alright.
B:行。

A: Why, you don’t want to?
A:為什么,你不想去?

下面是一些你可以使用的更熱情的回答:

For sure.
當然。

Definitely.
一定。

Absolutely.
絕對的啊。

Of course. (Implies that the person didn’t even need to ask)
當然。(暗示這個人甚至不需要問)

A: Could you do me a huge favor?
A:你能幫我個大忙嗎?

B: For sure, what’s up?
B:當然,怎么啦?

OR
或者

B: Definitely, what’s up?
B:一定,怎么啦?

OR
或者

B: Absolutely, what’s up?
B:絕對可以,怎么啦?

A: Could you do me a huge favor?
A:你能幫我個大忙嗎?

B: Of course. (Like saying, “You don’t even need to ask me”)
B:當然可以。(就像在說,“你甚至不需要問我”)

by all means是個更有用的表達,尤其是當某人請求允許做某事,而你想說“當然可以!“

A: Could I ask you a question?
A:我能問你一個問題嗎?

B: By all means. What is it?
B:當然可以,什么問題?

A: Sorry, do you mind if I squeeze through here?
A:抱歉,你介意我擠過去嗎?

B: By all means.
B:當然可以。

NO.3 回應某人試圖引起你的注意

如果有人想引起你的注意,他可以叫你的名字或者說“抱歉”,這時,你可以說幾句話。說yes是其中一種選擇,而且如果你在職場環境或者和陌生人交談時,這可能是最好的選擇。

Guest: Excuse me, sir.
客人:抱歉,先生。

Concierge: Yes? How may I help you?
服務員:怎么啦?有什么需要幫忙的嗎?

Nurse: Dr. Steele?
護士:斯蒂爾醫生?

Doctor: Yes?
醫生:怎么啦?

另一個選擇是說sorry,但是那表示你真的希望沒有人和你說話。

Nurse: Dr. Steele?
護士:斯蒂爾醫生?

Doctor: Sorry? Right, hold on.
醫生:抱歉?好的,等一下。

但是如果是你的朋友想引起你的注意呢?下面這些回答更好:

Yeah?
怎么啦?

Huh? (Usually said when you’re caught off guard)
啊哈?(這個通常當你措手不及時會說)

What’s up? (Said with a rising tone. Especially used if you’re expecting someone to call your name)
怎么了?(用升調說。特別是當你希望有人叫你的名字的時候)

Esther: Hey, Cody!
伊斯特:嗨,科迪!

Cody: Yeah?
科迪:怎么啦?

Esther: Hey, Cody!
伊斯特:嗨,科迪!

Cody: Huh? (Cody is confused about who called his name)
科迪:啊哈?(科迪對誰叫他的名字感到困惑。

(Students are in a workroom and constantly helping each other)
(學生在工作室,經常互相幫助)

Natalie: Hey, Spencer?
娜塔莉:嘿,斯賓塞?

Spencer: What’s up?
斯賓塞:怎么了?

Natalie: Could you show me how to download this program?
娜塔莉:你能告訴我如何下載這個程序嗎?

NO.4 請求別人的確認

雖然你可以說“yes”來肯定別人說的話,你也可以用來請求確認。但令人驚訝的是,這聽起來非常正式,甚至是程序性的。

Detective: On the night of August the 27th, you were at your house, yes?
偵探:在8月27日晚上,你在家,是嗎?

Suspect: Yes, sir.
嫌疑犯:是的,先生。

So let’s be a little less dramatic and use one of these tag questions instead:
所以讓我們稍微不那么戲劇化,而是使用這些反義疑問句中的一個:

Right?
對嗎?

Isn’t it?, Don’t you?, Didn’t you? etc. (Depends on the sentence before it)
不是嗎?等(取決于前面的句子)

Huh? (Used when it’s something you just realized yourself)
啊哈?(用于你剛剛意識到的事情)

A: You like mint chocolate chip ice cream, right?
你喜歡薄荷巧克力片冰淇淋,對吧?

OR
或者

A: You like mint chocolate chip ice cream, don’t you?
A:你喜歡薄荷巧克力片冰淇淋,不是嗎?

B: Yeah, it’s my favorite.
B:是的,這是我最喜歡的。

A: It’s pretty chilly out here, huh? (Something you just realized right now)
A:外面很冷,是嗎?(你剛剛意識到的)

B: Yeah, I should’ve dressed warmer.
B:是的,我應該穿得更暖和些。

NO.5 讓別人知道你在聽

如果有人告訴你一個冗長的故事,也許你想時不時地說點什么,讓他們知道你在聽。你可以一直說“yes”,但這聽起來像是在被審問,而不是被告知一個故事。所以讓我們用這些表達來代替:

Yeah?
是啊?

Uh-huh? or Uh-huh.
啊哈?或者嗯哈。

Mhm? or Mhm.
嗯?或者嗯。

Right. (If you’re being reminded of a story)
是的。(如果你想起一個故事)

A: So Daniel was walking me home one day.
A:所以,有一天丹尼爾送我回家了。

B: Uh-huh.
B:啊哈。

A: And then he suddenly turned around and said, “I have something to tell you.”
A:然后他突然轉身說:“我有事要告訴你。”

B: Yeah?
B:是嗎?

A: And you know how secretive he usually is.
A:你知道他通常有多么神秘。

B: Right.
B:是啊。

NO.6 慶祝

還可以用“yes”這個詞來慶祝或表明你對某事感到高興/興奮。它聽起來不太正式,是很流行的說法。

此外,還可以用下面這些表達替代:

How could you not love it? Anyway, here are some more normal examples:
你怎么能不愛它呢?總之,這里有一些更普通的例子:

A: Yes!! I got two tickets to the festival!
A:是的!我有兩張節日的票!

B: Seriously? They usually sell out in seconds.
B:真的嗎?它們通常在幾秒鐘內就賣完了。

A: I just passed my audition!
A:我剛通過試鏡!

B: Yes!! I knew you could do it!
B:是的!我就知道你能做到!

And some alternatives:
另外一些代替詞:

Yeah! (But you have to say it very enthusiastically)
是啊!(但是你必須非常熱情地說)

Aw yeah!
啊耶!

Hooray! (Tends to sound cuter)
萬歲!(聽起來更可愛)

Yay! (Also sounds cute)
哎呀!(聽起來也很可愛)

Woo!
哇!

Woohoo!
哇哇!

Cool!
太酷了!

Fantastic!
棒極了!

Amazing!
太贊了!

Awesome!
棒極了!

Hella! (A piece of American slang that I had to throw in)
哈哈!(我不得不加上一句美國俚語)

A: I just passed my audition!
A:我剛通過試鏡!

B: Fantastic! I knew you could do it!
B:棒極了!我就知道你能做到!

A: Woo! I just beat my new high score!
A:哇!我剛剛打破了我的新高分!

B: How long have you been playing that game?
B:你玩那個游戲多久了?

Kid: Mommy, I got a 100 on my test today!
孩子:媽媽,我今天考試得了100分!

Mother: Hooray! I’m so proud of you!
媽媽:萬歲!我真為你感到驕傲!

?